Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crafting and Packing and Moving, Oh My!

I have had the strangest urge to take up knitting or crocheting. Anyone who knows me can tell you that this is decidedly not something I often consider. Ever. I am not a "crafts person". In fact, though blessed with talented Grandmas, Aunts and Mom, Mother-In-Law, Sisters-In-Laws and Friends, I have always looked on their ability to sew, scrapbook, paint and create charming knick-knacks as awesome for them and impossible for me.

I can't explain my aversion to crafty things... In fact, I have only recently developed a liking for cooking because I can be creative. I know you can be creative in crafts as well, but I just can't seem to wrap my brain around it. Nor do I really want too. Sure, It makes the house look nice and the women who can do these things are always whispered as being "accomplished", but I do not hold those cursed accomplishments. And, when it comes down to it, I'm not too disappointed by that fact.

I might end up trying knitting though. Just for something for my hands to do while I watch a movie or something. Or, I just might not. Both would be lovely.

Any whoo, sorry about that rather pointless rant. An update in the life of Jeannie (for those who care to know, and for those who don't... why are you reading this again? :D ) I am in the process of packing up my house. I have packed all of my belongings many, many, many times before. I have moved so many times that I have lost quite a few of my precious things. On the other hand, I only own a few things I really care about now. Everything else I just get rid of, cause who wants to pack that crap around?

I don't much like packing. UNpacking though. That is fun. It's like rediscovering the house and things you own. You get to find fun little places to put things. Watch your life put up on the walls and shelves, and enjoy your personality taking over a space previously occupied by someone else.

Packing though.... I wish I had a Fairy Godmother to help me magic all the packing away. It would make my life easier. I'll get through it though. It seems to have taken over my life just a little. Exercising? Sorry, I'm packing. Eating healthy? Don't exactly have the time, I'm packing. Friends? "Oh! You'd like to come over? Wonderful! I need help packing."

Thank heavens it will all be over by Saturday night. I can't wait to be done and settle into my new home, with my dishwasher, washer and dryer and big bathroom.

So forgive me if I'm more scatterbrained than usual today. My house is in a jumble which seems to make my frame of mind a bit crooked.

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome Jeannie! I love how you tell it like it is! I'm not much of a crafty person either; sure I've tried a few crafts here and there but I'm not as enthusiastic as other people. It never hurts to try anything new. Good luck with all the moving! It's not much fun in the process but it's totally worth it when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete