Friday, July 8, 2011

The Great Hunt


I am apartment hunting with my sweet husband. Thankfully we aren’t looking for a permanent home yet. I don’t think our 8 month marriage could handle that quite yet. (Well, I know it would but you get the point.)

The great thing is, my husband refuses to settle! The not so great thing, there aren’t a whole lot of options in our price range, that allow pets, that aren’t settling. As we’ve looked we have some criteria that really must be in the apartment: A roof, walls, some type of flooring, working plumbing and a room big enough for our Queen Size bed. Some things that would truly be lovely: Kitchen cupboards, just a little bit of storage in the bathroom, relatively large closets and sunlight accessible windows. 

Now, I have a list of things that would be so incredibly awesome, it would be like moving into a little dream house. These things include: a dishwasher, washer AND dryer (wouldn’t that be amazing?!?!?!) a second bedroom, covered parking and room for a couch, love seat AND recliner. (Hey, a girl can dream right?)

As we’ve looked we have come across apartments that manage to have quite a few of these things. But they always end up being in a neighborhood that makes me frightened to walk to my car by myself, or it has a total of 250 sq feet and managed to squish many of the required and lovely things in the tiny space.

I have a feeling that finding an apartment is going to be a little like finding the holy grail…. Or the fountain of youth…. Or the perfect pair of jeans.


1 comment:

  1. Love the new look to your blog! It's so cute! Isn't it crazy how a little thing like a washer/dryer is a luxury now! Apartment/house hunting is always a crazy adventure for sure; remember when we first moved to Logan and it was a miracle that we found that perfect apartment in a day?!!!!! I know it'll happen for ya; good luck!

    ReplyDelete