Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When a Door Slams in Your Face.... Scramble, Find a Window and Squeeze Through as Quickly as Possible!

I am a wimp. If I have to choose between exercising and staying warm... I will choose staying warm. This cold weather is literally trying to kill me. Combine that with my new hatred of indoor tracks (the one I go to is now swarming with BYU students. Its like running in a herd of goats, all looking for a mate) and we are left with a predicament.

How I am supposed to go running when in the mornings it is so cold I can hardly breathe, and by the time I get off work its to dark outside to go by myself? (And cold... but not as cold as the morning) Well, running is still a goal I want to accomplish. But, the whole point of the running is to become my realistic version of a Victoria's Secret Model. (or to have Jennifer Aniston's body... I'd be happy with that too). So! I decided that though running was becoming impossible, for the time being, due to the many circumstances against me I would still reach my very reachable goals. The answer to this puzzle? P90X!

Trust me, I'm not crazy. I did it halfway through once before, and I loved it. Of course, I had never been so sore in all my life, but I loved it! So, thanks to the love of my Aunt Tamara Jane Marie Phillipa Ethel Georgette Yolanda ( I gave her the new names when I was asking beseechingly to borrow the DVDs) I was set up with almost the complete DVD set. (I'm missing one DVD, but I'll find it somewhere). I started Monday. It was great! And... man was it a work out. I was soaking wet with sweat and hardly breathing by the end. But it was worth it.

Sadly, yesterday I didn't do it. Monday night I went to a late movie with my handsome husband and Tuesday I was paying for the lack of sleep and hard workout the day before. When I attempted to try the next DVD in the set, my whole body protested so loudly I thought it wisest to just sleep.

However! Today is a new day! And today I will be doing P90X if it kills me! (Which I really hope it doesn't).

In other news, I can't decide if Wombats are cute or not.... There is something disturbingly warthog-ish about them But then again... their little faces.... I can't decide.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, let me just say you are an amazing writer! That blog title alone sucked me in and I just had to read more; ever thought about writing a book? You totally should and I'd buy the first copy! (Maybe the second and third one too) Oh that dreadful winter; makes working out outside nearly impossible! Good for you for finding a solution to your problems rather than just giving up! It's ok to take a day off and not exercise *I use Sundays for that* The important thing is you are still working hard and I am fully confident you'll achieve the goal you want! (After all, you worked out hard for the wedding and it paid off! I know you can do this too!)
    Thanks for posting! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete