Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Bestest

After another round of job hunting, I found it! And, I'll admit, I was surprised. You see, I had applied everywhere that had an office assistant, office manager, executive assistant... And I applied at this one job with the title Content Writer. I read the description, applied with a cover letter, my resume, three references and two examples of article like writing. I poured my heart and soul into applying for that job. I went for an interview. I thought it went well, but I felt terribly under-qualified. I'm not sure why. When I went into that interview, I put myself out there. I sold myself. I practically begged for the job. But I was shocked off my rocker when I received an email for that second interview.

I went in, and was completely taken aback by my second interview. For one, it was short. For another, I kept stumbling over my words. I'm not sure why... But I was. The truth is, I really really wanted that job. And the surprise was I got the job! Today was my first day. And it was overwhelmingly awesome. Maybe a little heavy on the overwhelming part. But it was fun! I could use a challenge. Really, I could. I get to learn html, and photoshop and I get to be learning how to write about health supplements! That might not sound exciting, but I think it is.

In other news, I haven't ran yet this week.... but I did a really good job last week! Seriously, I cut four minutes off my mile and a half since I started running. I am going to try and go tomorrow. No, no. Let me re-phrase that. I WILL go running tomorrow. And eat real food. Tonight's dinner of Cool Ranch Dorritos, sour gummi worms and half a poppy seed muffin didn't quite cut it. (Shhhh! Don't tell my husband. He is out of town... for the first time since we me, we will have spent more than one day apart. Pathetic? Yes. Yes it is. And I really miss him...)

Any ways, I'm pretty sure that this job just might be The Bestest. Ever.

P.S. Stephen and I have a cat. I love her. But she is so unique I have to giver her her very own post.

(Above is a picture of a cat celebrating, in honor of my new cat and my new job. Get Excited People!!!)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the new job! Glad you found a job you love and that it all worked out! Love the cat picture; so cute!

    ReplyDelete